Grand father property partition


We belong to Hindu Religion.My late grandfather has 3 sons and 4 daughters and my dad being the eldest one.

My dad passed away recently.

My grand father has 5 acres of agriculture land and we have pass books on his name.My uncle says we have to register passbook on his name 1st then only we can partition among all us.

Is it possible for us to partition land without getting pass books on my uncle name or else is it mandatory we have to change pass book on his name in order to partition land.

I Appreciate your response.

Thank you.



You can get the passbooks in your name directly by effecting a partition . 

for that all of your grandfather's siblings (3 sons and 4 daughters of your grand father) must effect an partition. you can seek partition of the property from your uncle's and aunt's and thereby claim your share. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu