How to judge a good lawyer?
1. He should love music, play the guitar or the tabla or sarangi.
2. He should be great golfer and great chess player.
3. He should love fishing in troubled waters and not clerical minded.
4. He should have knowledge of all subjects and the ability to go deep into every subject.
5. He should be very good in English and précis writing.
6. He should excellent in oral arguments before judges and not clients.
Plus add ons. Keep adding.
HOW TO ELECT JUDGES?
A. Judges should be elected by Advocates as intelligence clearances increase corruption and phony guys become Judges by bribing their way through. Electing judges through electoral college of lawyers bring cream of the crop to take up positions of judges since no advocate would like judges to be corrupt and useless moles of the government. Every system has its pros and cons but in the Indian scenario this system could be the best.
B. High Judges should be elected by State advocates
C. Supreme Court Judges should be elected by an electoral college as follows:
i. District level Bar association/council heads should be consolidated into State level Electoral Colleges.
ii. All state level electoral colleges should vote to make supreme courts judges.
Any takers for this?