Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riddhi   11 July 2019

Flat transfer of deceased relative.

Hi,

A flat belongs to my father, who passed away 3 years back. The flat still is on his name and and I and my mother both are nominees on the flat.

If I want to let my mother have the entire flat without me claiming any share in it, what is procedure of transferring the entire flat from my deceased fathers name to my mother only, and without me claiming any of it.
What are the fees required for the same ( how much % stamp duty and % registration of what amount ) ?
And what would be the approximate time estimate for such procedure?
Flat is in Pune, Maharashtra.

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     15 July 2019

Riddhi!

You need to give an application to the society informing them about death of your father alongwith death certificate copy and ask them to the transfer the flat to your mother as her name is there in the nomination form.

With regards to withdrawal of your name, you need to give a relinquishment deed in favour of your mother, copy of that deed needs to be given to the society.

The society will give you a transfer form, which needs to be duly filled up alongwith notarized documents.

If your mother and you are the only legal heirs, then it is advisable to have the property jointly in the name of your mother and yours as it would save future hardships, in transfering the flat in your name.

For furhter clarrification, you may call on 9324538481.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register