Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

haradatta (proprietor)     23 May 2012

Filing of final report

Sir,

i had lodged a complaint against a person for which an FIR was registered which is pending investigation.  Things thus remaining, the investigating officer under the influence of third parties is not showing any interest towards conducting of investigation and submission of report.  Till date inspite of several visits and requests made to the police station yielded no results.  My question being whether i can approach the Honourable High Court in giving the directions to the concerned investigating officer for filing of the final report.

Thanking you,

Learning

2 Replies

Pvt_RajKing (Private)     23 May 2012

I am not sure if a HC will entertain such an application unless you have exhausted alternate remedies... Perhaps you can try couple of things before approaching the court..

File an RTI:

1.  Get current status on your FIR and few FIRs before yours and few FIRs after your FIR.

2. Get copies of the case diaries for each of the above FIRs (all)

3. Get copies of all 161 statements for each of the above FIRs.

The above will give you ample evidence to show that the police is intentionally not investigating or completing it on time as envisaged in S.173 of CrPC.

With this you can file a petition with the higher police authorities and send them few reminders... after few months then you can approach the court.

Whether you can approach trial court for the same is not clear to me... but surely you can approach the High Court after you have exhausted the above remedies...

Hope this helps!

Thanks 

Pvt_RajKing (Private)     23 May 2012

I am not sure if a HC will entertain such an application unless you have exhausted alternate remedies... Perhaps you can try couple of things before approaching the court..

File an RTI:

1. Get current status on your FIR and few FIRs before yours and few FIRs after your FIR.

2. Get copies of the case diaries for each of the above FIRs (all)

3. Get copies of all 161 statements for each of the above FIRs.

The above will give you ample evidence to show that the police is intentionally not investigating or completing it on time as envisaged in S.173 of CrPC.

With this you can file a petition with the higher police authorities and send them few reminders... after few months then you can approach the court.

Whether you can approach trial court for the same is not clear to me... but surely you can approach the High Court after you have exhausted the above remedies...

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register