LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant (SDE)     06 April 2015

Divorce and alimony

Me and my wife are ready to get a divorce. I aggred to pay her 5 lakhs as alimony. 

What all document should i get signed before giving this amount. There is not dovery asked both parties are saperating willingly and what all. 

Is there any thing i should take care before giving this amount to them. They will sign any document that we need as they want a quick divorce too.

Learning

4 Replies

reunion2   06 April 2015

Lucky you are. Expert will give you advice

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 April 2015

Hemant,

Everything will be recorded in the court, U will only have too sigh the necessary papers and registers. U will give her the amount in the court which will be on record.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 April 2015

what divorce you both have filed thus it is mutual consent divorce or what and have you appeared first motion thus six month of waiting period is over in mutual consent divorce it is

normally if any cases are pending first let them withdraw all the cases

thus have you negotiated about the alimony as one time settlement

give the demand draft in front of the judge and take your wife signature on that as received on the petition

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 April 2015

If it was a petition filed for divorce under mutual consent, after having filed it, one must wait for six months period for finalising the same after which the divorce decree will be pronounced dissolving the marriage by a decree of divorce.  The agreed amount can be settled at that time.  If there are no demands from either side other than this, the same may be recorded at the time of hearing during second motion.   You can ask the details from your advocate who will be a better person to advise on this issue being available to the situation from beginning.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register