daughters share in fathers property in uttrakhnac

Dear sirs,

Following is the case

My grandfather had got 2 sons and 3 daughters. He posessed some agricultural land in uttrakhand, He died some times ago without leaving and will. I want to clarify

whether the daughters have any right in agricultural property in uttrakhand where U.P. Zamindari act rules?

If amendments of 2005 in Hindu succession act 1956 has been done for all India, why it is not accepted in some states like uttrakhand?

Thanks and regards 

Pradeep Kumar



Hindu Succ Act is applicable across india, so no question of Uttarkhand not adhering to Hindu Succ Act

can ;you pl. inform us how you came to know that Hindu Succ Act ( amended ) is not applicable in uttarkhand


Dear Ranjana, thanks for your reply,

I was also under the impression that H.S.A. is applicable to all India for agricultural or non agricultural property,

but when I took advice from some local lawyers they told that daughters have the right only in non agricultural property in U.P. and Uttrakhand, agricultural property is divided amongst only in males after father's death.

If you have any related additional information, please do share...




Good information posted here.


My son is 6.5 years old, studying 2nd grade at a prestigious corporate school. In the same classroom, the same boy was beaten three times. This time he fell and fell due to pushing. I have taken the three times to school authorities. I even advertised for the Dean of School. I need ukessays reviews to check. They will always apologize and they will not be correct measures.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu