Csir :age limit is decreased from 35 years to 32 years


CSIR has changed the age criteria for Scientist C from 35 years to 32 years. This is affecting many students like me who has PhD degree and was waiting for the job advertisement for the last 5 years.

I am a research associate in one of the CSIR labs of India and doing research for the last 6 years. I have completed my PhD three years back and waiting for job advertisement. I have left many lucrative opportunities elsewhere as I was more keen for research jobs. Suddenly they have changed the age limit and I have exceeded the age limit of 32. Now i have no option to explore other opportunities as I have already crossed the age.

Please suggest me if I have any legal option left? I heard where there was a supreme court ruling in favor of the petitioner--- when the government decreased the age of retirement from 60 to 58. Ruling was something like, the existing stakeholders should be given sufficient notice to take care of themselves.

To relate with my case, have I known that the age limit would be 32 , two years back I would not have waited this far. But I waited as the I was under the assumption that that the age limit is 35 years. Now I am completely at loss. My carreer is in a jeopardy. I have been a topper, completed PhD by the age of 29, have good number of journal publications, But due to antics of government policies, I am at nowwhere.

There are many student like me, suffering for this. I have attached the CSIR amendment. Please refer to page 6 to be specific for the age criteria change.

Please suggest If I have any option left . Can I file a PIL on this? Please guide me. I am not able to publish the name of the Institue/Lab I am in because of many reasons. Please forgive me for that.



Attached File : 138257 213567 12 csir scientist 090611.pdf downloaded 136 times

There appears a procedural lapse in the notification.Any decision aimed at reducing the existing privileges  need to be thrown open for public opinion before offcial implementaion.A PIL could be filed.

Total likes : 1 times


Thank you Sir for your reply.

Could you please help me out how to go about ?

Do I need to hire an advocate? If yes, could you please suggest me someone.

With Regards



Do I need to changethe post from here to some specific forum so that to get more information ?

Please suggest the group as I am new and not sure of the forum where this topic would fit into.






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x