Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ansar Ahmed (Engineer)     18 June 2012

Correcting date of birth in passport


Ansar Ahmed,


Respected Sir/Madam,

Subject:- Procedure to change Date of Birth in Passport.

My name is Ansar Ahmed from Bangalore. I have approached this forum for seeking the help to change my Date of Birth in my Passport. Due to the mistake from my school Head Master the Date of Birth details is wrong in my SSLC marks card the same is submitted to my higher eductaions. After joing the work due to my company urgency i have submitted the SSLC marks card as a Date of Birth proof and now my passport also have wrong date of Birth. I want to change the wrong entry of Date of Birth in passport to my orginal Date of Birth. I agree it is the mistake from my side as i have submitted the wrong Date of Birth proof while applying for passport. Can you please suggest me the procedure of changing it?

Wrong Date of Birth:- 16/05/1980

Correct Date of Birth:- 09/08/1983


Thanks and Regards,

Ansar Ahmed

 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 June 2012

Mr. Ansar,

You can request a passport correction for an incorrect date of birth by submitting form DS-5504 to the address on the form.

You can do this at any time during the validity of the passport with additional cost. 

It will be necessary to submit your present passport and evidence of the correct date of birth. 

Correction of U.S. passports with printing errors in them are given priority and are usually processed as fast as expedited passport applications.

Ansar Ahmed (Engineer)     19 June 2012

Hello Rama Sir,

I am holding Indian passport from Bangalore, Karnataka. I want to make changes in Indian Passport and not U.S. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks and Regards,

Ansar Ahmed

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     22 September 2012

Ansar Ji rectification for change in entry of date of birh in a passport is subject to the verification of DATE OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE and SSC Marks card.... your problem is that of entry in your 10th memo.... file suit of declaration before jurisdictional court..... and after that you can submit the correct date of birth to RPO for next level of correction in your passport.

Ansar Ahmed (Engineer)     23 September 2012

Hello Rajesh Sir,

Can you please provide detailed information how to  file suit of declaration before jurisdictional court?

After filling this will they change my DOB in SSLC?

or it it only my passport DOB will be changed?

What all documents should i produce for  filling suit of declaration before jurisdictional court?

Whom should i approach for filling suit of declaration before jurisdictional court?

How long will this process take?

Do i have to submit my passport for  filling suit of declaration before jurisdictional court?


Thanks and Regards,

Ansar Ahmed

Sudhir Kumar (Dy Director)     04 June 2014

how old is SLC?


How can you prove it was school's mistake?

Why it should not be believed by everyone that wrong DOB was put deliberately by parents?


what have you done so far to get it corrected?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query