consumer notice and filing of complaint.

I had purchased a Revolving chair from a local retailer & when it was delivered it was damaged. I informed the seller about it & he promised for replacement. After I selected the new chair, he failed to deliver the same in time. After I gave notice (drafted by me) they came for compromise. Can I still have the merits to approach Consumer forum as they are already up for compromise & I denied it?


If something can be settled today then why should we delay it for tomorrow?



Thanks for your reply. Let me elaborate the incident which made me to deny their compromise.

1. I purchased the Chair on 8th of July and upon delivery I notified the seller of the defect and he assure for replacement

2. He made me to visit his shop 4 times in a week and at later he promised me to deliver on 18th July morning but he didn't.

3. After waiting for three days they didn't turned up. After that I drafed the notice and they didn't recieved it. Immediately they called me and came for compromise.

4. They were not ready to return the transportation fee which was paid by me and after a long discussion they agreed to pay.

I denied their settlement offer since they were not ready to compensate me for my time wasted in visiting their shop and the service they provided. They are ready to pay the cash I paid. I want them to be sued for their deficiency of service. 

Do I still have the merits to approach the court since they turned up to pay the amount but without any compensation?

PS: I'm ready to fight for the justice.

Retired Manager

If you are bent upon going to Consumer Forum, it is your decision. However, in Consumer Forum, the seller may disclose the details of the compromise which you rejected. It may affect your case. But, it all depends upon the Consumer Forum.


The Consumer Forum shall definitely help you to get a refund or a replacement of the Chair, however it is at the discretion of the Consumer Forum to reimburse you for your visits to the seller shop. Your grievance may or may not validate monetary reimbursement for deficiency in service.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Course by Ex-Judge!!     |    x