Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (educationist)     16 November 2011

Caste issue

Dear Expert

My query is that i belong to SC. Now iam well settled and into a job....but the tag of being a SC is a bane as iam having hardships wid my collegues just bcoz of this... Iam planning to shift to another job. ..but i do not want to get the job through reservation...while applying for the job if the question of caste comes can i say that iam general category as i do not want reservation. Is it illegal to fill up in the form as general category?

Thanking you and warm regards

Learning

3 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     16 November 2011

yes if you hide any fact of the same then it make problem. but you have right to  give your suggestion on you are not like any reservation. But no way to hide your case where it neceserry.

kumar t v s (advocate)     17 November 2011

Please donot hide your caste and you should feel proud to be an SC and competing with general category.

Treat yourself as the chosen one among your group to claim that caste doesnot really matter and if oppertunity is available than no one will be lagging behind.

Feel proud of what you are and thank god for everything.

Welcome to my group of forward class.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2011

I do not agree to other experts with due regard.  I believe that you are in Government service.  Reser in Govt service in recruitment/promotion/ quarter allotment etc is a concession and is not a compulsion.  The idea behind reservation is not social sagregtion but social protection. Many persons belonging to SC category have got promotion wihout reservation concessions. You have all the right to apply as general category.  You have all the right to treat your deparment as a general category adn delete (SC) from the seniority roll /service book etc. None can force you to carry the tag.  You have not indicated whether your present job is out of reservation or on simple merit. Even if it is out of reserved quota and you decide to drop SC benefit such dropping will be prospective Not a big issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register