Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhruv Singh   06 December 2015

Canadian marriage: marriage certificate in india

Hello,

I am from India and currently working in Canada on a work-permit(PR) based visa. I am in relationship with a Indian girl but with Canadian passport (by birth). We and the families are planning to arrange for the marriage early nexy year. However the marriage will be held in Canada and will have marriage certificate from Canada. I want to know if the marriage certicate will be legally valid in India and else where in the world for all practical purposes (visa, bank accounts, insurance etc. ) ? Or do I have to register or apply for a marriage certificate in India again?

Please help me on this question.

Regards,

Dhruv

Learning

3 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     21 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     25 March 2018

No complication in your case. This stupid man same advise to everyone, copy & paste process. 

The Marriage in Canada can always be registered under section 17 of the Foreign Marriage Act,1969 and for this you have to contact the Indian High Commission or Indian Consulate General in Canada. THe Canadian Marriage certificate the proof of your marriage, passport of both parties and three witnesses with Identity proof will be required for registration of Canadian marriage under the Foreign Marriage Act,1969.

The marriage will be registered under this Act and valid Marriage Certificate under this Act will be issued to you that you can use in India anytime and for any legal requirement with Indiuan authorities.

You can even get the Canadian Marriage Certificate issued in Canada further certified under section 24 of the Foreign Marriage Act,1969 by the Indian Consulate or High Commision in Canada, for that the marriage certificate will be further certify and stamped by the Indian authorities. You can even use the duly certified Canadian marriage certificate in India too.

ADVOCATE TRILOK (CRIMINAL family PROPERTY topfreind@gmail.com )     25 March 2018

It is old two year qurry still Mr Mahajan has given proper answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register