can i file a tax refund for this -


i am an NRI residing out of india for the last 10 yrs..but i frequently visit india 2-3 months in a year. and somehow i happened to maintain resident savings bank accounts..

i also have nre/nro accounts.

back in 2010-2011, i happened to taken up an employment in india and worked between jul 2010 - may 2011...and then returned back to abroad..

recently,when i looked at the 29AS bank tax statement ,

i see that during the period

2011-2012 statement - there was a deduction of 33k from my employer in india
2012-2013 statement - there was 2k TDS from bank interest.

now, if i classify myself as NRI, i heard that there is 2lakh exemption for tax for NRIs income in india..

so,if that is the case,.can i file a tax return and get all the above amounts refunded...

please advise





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x