Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nick1 (service )     22 August 2013

Adding name in agriculture land as co-partner or partner

hello Sirs, 

i would like to have some legal help. Recently we bought Agriculture land in Gujarat Nr.Ahmedabad  on my father’s name since  we are farmer. now i would like to add my name(frist time) in that land without doing ( Vaarsai or pedehinaamu) I do not wants to enter my sister's name in those property  is it possible that only my father add my name in that land without entering my sisters name ?  can I able to be a copartner and become farmer or agriculturists ? thanks a lot in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 August 2013

Agricultural land can be bought in Gujarat after fulfilling certain requirements. These include: The annual average income of the person including agricultural income should be less than Rs. 2Lakhs. The person must have had an agricultural land in his name before the year 1974. The person should be an agriculturist or an agricultural worker by profession.As per Section 79A of the Land Reforms Act 1961, the non-agricultural income of a purchaser who must be an agriculturist should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs per year. Sale of land granted to members of scheduled caste and tribe is not allowed.

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     25 August 2013

Sir, since your father owns the land and you will be his heir, you can request him to put your name in the will and your name will be added as owner after he is no more.

In case you want it added while he is alive, you can still do so as a farmer family can still transfer the land to the legal family members.

The sub-registrar checks all the conditions as correctly pointed out by the advocate above  when the land is purchased and sold.

If the conditions were to be used for existing farmers, then all farmers in Gujarat would remain poor as they cannot earn more than Rs. 2 lakhs and if they earn more than that then they have to stop being a farmer. You may consult  local advocate who may know better.

S Jadhav

nick1 (service )     27 August 2013

Dear Sirs, Thanks a lot for your comments.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register