LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Das (Corporate Sales manager)     23 January 2013

499 & 500 ipc

Does false allegations filed by women against man on grounds of   impotency  , and trying to break the marriage on false grounds for her personal motives, and ruining family reputation of boy and creating mental tourcher ..?

1.PUNISHABLE under sec 499 & 500 IPC ? 

2. Do we need to file or judge himself applies the same then and there ?

3. Is imprisonment applicable in case of family law for women if not able to compensate the damage ?

as mentioned under this url


Please suggest.



 3 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 January 2013

To convict some one under criminal defamation, it is necessary that the repution is harmed and the same was intended. What I am suggesting is that all of it should be at a macro level...I do not think case proven false by it self will be a ground for Defamation....





Abhishek Das (Corporate Sales manager)     24 January 2013


But why is it so ? crime whether macro or micro is a crime. Half murder or full murder if both punisable as attemt to murder or mrder has same punishment why not in this case as i satying in pune has been through high level of depression. the marriage being planned so that she can break the marraige and in term get divorce and compensation for her bf. have statement of her frends and also the ph no of her bf. have a telephonic record where my wife denies that she doesnt know that person, wher she has been continously talking to her. when finally we know her reality she files false allegations on me declaring marriage null or void and stateing me impotent. 

other than this have stement from her frenzs that she has been pulling a bad name for us in her society and has also affected our name and fame in our society and has also affected my honor too. So can u suggest now ?

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     25 January 2013

Law is what is written....If you think you have suffucient evidence to prove harm caused to the reputation then you may proceed under this section....


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register