Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkar (owner)     15 May 2012

Year validity to claim land after the land deal

Hi all,

My question is in regards to Land Claim.

Till how many years can one claim land back from the purchaser after the deal was finalised with proper payment.

Situation is as follows:

Land was purchased from a man in 2001.Man died in 2008,and no dispute were claimed till he was alive,but after his death,son claims the land back from us stating he was minor at the time of land deal.Though according to the School Leaving Certificate of the son we had during the land deal,son was above 18.

But now son produces another Birth Certificate from Talathi Office which shows he was a minor during the deal.

Which document can be true?

Year difference between land deal and claim is 7 years. Also During the claim the son is more than 30 years.Can the claim be valid?

Until how many years can a minor or an adult claim the land after the deal was done?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Pushkar

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     15 May 2012

If this is hereditary property that son right in this property but he has proov that first and as per limitation act  in 3 years of major (18+3 = 21) he can file a suit for his right but he produce a two certificate of his birth, and u r registered a sale deed before 7 or 8 year, so if he go to court then u give a reply in court but don't worry your case is positive in your favour.   

1 Like

Pushkar (owner)     15 May 2012

Thank you Bharat Kumar.

Can you clarify on the 12year Limitation in case of Land causes? Which limitation here applies? 3 year limitation or 12 year limitation?

As you say the case is positive with our side, does that mean 3 yr limitation applies?

It would be glad if others can also put in their valued comments for clarification. Just to clear my confusion as I am not well versed with legal terms

Thanks in advance

pushkar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register