Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumit kumar (inspector)     23 October 2021

Wrongly typed the sir name of seller on e tsamp

Sir
Recently I purchased a property .after registration deed I noticed that sir name of seller is wrongly typed i.e chikkara instead of correct one chitkara . Does wrong sir name on e stamp have some problem regarding title of property . Moreover in all other places of deed name of seller is correct and right .. kindly suggest the way to correct the issue .

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 October 2021

It is "surname" and not "sir name" correct yourself.

It is just a typographical error which would not make any difference / affect in the deed, however, if you feel so strong about getting it corrected get a "Rectification Deed" registered.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 October 2021

Approach to Sub-registrar, produce documents and seek a remedy to rule out worry.  If the sale deed is having a photo identity and the name is clearly spelled in that document, it may not pose problems.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 October 2021

Yes, the discrepency is trivial and could be ignored.

sumit kumar (inspector)     26 October 2021

Can rectification deed covered the error/wrongly typed sur name  of seller in the name of e stamp ..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 October 2021

Yes it can be rectified by a registered "Rectification Deed", however, does it make any difference ?

Legally speaking it does not make any impact on the document / its contents and validity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register