LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riyaj Budebhai   17 July 2023

Wrong transaction complaint rejected by bank & rbi

I made complaint about wrong transaction bank rejected the complaint and also RBI rejected the same under clause 16(2)a


 8 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2023

What is the wrong transaction that you refer to?

Without any details your question appears to be a vague question.

Also under which act that the RBI too rejected your complaint

Riyaj Budebhai   17 July 2023

On 8th June IMPS transaction done same informed to the call centre that the wrong transaction is been done . Then they said 38 days is the time to recall the transaction I said ok then after few days I got mail which was stated that the service request is been rejected due to beneficiary is non contactable so i raise the complaint to Kotak Bank nodal officer they reverted me the same after that i file a complaint to Banking ombudsman they also reverted the same that as beneficiary is non contactable hence with beneficiary/ police consent transaction cannot be reversed. Banking ombudsman closed the case with clause 16(2)a. 

Please find attached mail.

Attached File : 967281 20230717212315 screenshot 2023 07 17 21 21 38 33 e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg downloaded: 15 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2023

You have mentioned some clause and said that RBI has rejected your complaint, did you approach RBI with a complaint?

If the beneficiary is not contactable then how do you expect the bank to compensate for the loss which was due to your fault.

Riyaj Budebhai   17 July 2023

Dear sir I don't no how to connect with RBI as they closed the complaint. And there was my mistake that I have done wrong transaction. So I want to ask you that is there any way to get connected with RBI and get it resolve please help me .


Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     18 July 2023

Issue legal notice through advocate to bank. Then complaint before consumer forum 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     18 July 2023

General and vague facts make the query as moot court subject.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for proper advise and necessary proceeding, if it is a true story and you are interested.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 July 2023

You must issue legal notice to Bank and meanwhile proceed with RBI ombudsman

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     18 July 2023

RBI rightly rejected your complaint. You should contact beneficiaries' bank.


Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More