LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girish (Senior Manager Operations)     13 April 2014

Written say in divorce case

My wife has filed 498a case, DV case and now she has filed Divorce under HMA 13(1).

498 = Police has classified it and submitted summary to Metropolitan Magistrate

DV is in front of the same Metropolitan Magistrate BUT knowingly he has passed an order of Interim Maintenance of Rs.20,000/- per month. (I will appeal in Sessions Court against this order)

In Family Court

Q1 ) Next week I have to submit my Written Say in divorce case. Can I ask for more time? Reason - I have to change my lawyer?

Q2) Will the Judge grant me more time to submit Written Say?

My lawyer took Rs.2000 from me for getting the certified copy of the Interim Order in DV before last 2 weeks but still he has not acquired it. I think I need to change the lawyer. He didn't do well in the argument stage for Interim Maintenance. When judge passed an order of Rs.20,000/- per month maintenance he kept quiet!

Please advice! 

Kindly answer. Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     13 April 2014

Yes you can ask for more time. You can go to superior court. Against the order of maintenance. Or talk to me on 09910657998. Mahavir singh adv.

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     13 April 2014

Yes you can ask for more time. You can go to superior court. Against the order of maintenance. Or talk to me on 09910657998. Mahavir singh adv.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 April 2014

Yes girish change your lawyer engage a good dedicated lawyer for you , you can ask for more time to submit your written statement court will permit you the same , fight your case on their merits , collect all relevant proof of all her wrongs with you it will use at the time of evidence .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

Yes on the grounds of changing the lawyer, more time for filing written statement can be granted by the court, do it.  If you suspect your lawyer change him immediately instead of losing more time, energy and money over good for nothing issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register