LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramana (Business)     22 December 2023

Writ petition

Can we file a Writ petition against an individual in High court or Supreme court telling to investigate on how the property was earned by a person stating he might have got these properties in unlawful manner?

We dont have any documentations, but we need Court to conduct an enquiry and in case of illegality then hand over land to original owners.


 3 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     22 December 2023

What is your locus standi in his personal matter? Why are you intervening in some others person matter? 

you did not stated any correct facts of your personal intervention

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 December 2023

you cannot file any writ petition on the subject matter, but you can file a PIL, but for that also you need to have documentary evidences to prove your allegations, otherwise your case will not be entertained.

Sanskriti Tiwari   22 December 2023

Allegations of illegal acquisition of property can fall under the purview of public interest. Therefore, as suggested by T. Kalaiselvan Sir, you can consider filing a PIL. However, in the absence of any documentation or evidence, proving unlawful acquisition could be difficult as the courts might not entertain vague allegations without supporting evidence. They require concrete evidence or specific legal grounds to initiate an investigation into property acquisition. Therefore, before taking any action, you must first gather substantial evidence or consult a lawyer to ascertain if there are grounds for initiating an investigation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register