LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M C PATIL   07 July 2017

Writ against secondary exam board

My son appeared for the 10th examination conducted by a state board, he scored 99% of marks in all the papers except socila scince.In social scince he scored 65,dissatisfied with this i applied for photo copy of the paper , after recieving the paper i applied for the revaluation, after revaluation i have got 6 more marks now my sons total marks in that paper are 71, still my son is dissatisfied with the marks he is expecting another 8 marks, but the board rule says that " NO APPEAL AGAINST REVALUATED RESULT"  is there any way to give JUSTICE to my son please suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

Arjun Kohli   10 July 2017

Filing a writ is always upon your discretion, however, the Court will have to look up the matter from a legal point of view as well, and not only on merits. The subject matter involved here is very subjective. The Court will be inclined to follow the norms of Administrative Law first and might have to limit its outreach against the concerned Board in light of well-laid out rules and a lack of a strong, compelling cause of action.

Therefore, it is for you to judge if you would want to go ahead and contest the matter or not. I believe 99% in 10th is quite a commendable score and one should look forward to more constructive issues from that sort of a height.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register