LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi   20 May 2016

Working options for a full-time phd student

I am a full time phd student funded by central government agency(like UGC).I got an offer from a corporate college to teach for 2 hours a day and the remuneration is ten times the fellowship amount i receive as a student.I want to work for them but  cant convert my phd to part-time as the university academic ordinances prescribe a 2 year full-time period to convert it to part-time.

I am planning to submit a resignation for central-agency funding and not interested in university funding. 1.If i didnt recieve any funding from Central govt or University,am I allowed to work?

I need to pay tax as my salary per month is around 3 lac. 2.As a student if i pay such a big amount as tax,will it create any problems?

As I had moral constraints, i want to work legally. 3.Is it illegal to work even if i dont receive any fellowship/scholarship from government?4. is working 2 hours per day considered as part-time work?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2016

If you are a full time research scholar then you may not be eligible to undertake any employment during the course of your studies/research.

You have to convert into part time scholar and can refuse the scholarship that you are eligible for Ph.D studies.

You can clarify from the institute where you are doing your research studies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register