LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naman P. Charan (Shop)     01 August 2021

Wokring simultaneously in government and private office

I have a friend working in a Hospital in the Operation Theatre Technical Department. One of his colleagues at the same level is unlawfully employed at another Private Hospital and hence his working schedules aren't managed decently and because of that my friend has to suffer by taking his shifts as well while his colleague works for other Hospitals as well making excuses to earn extra money. This is against the policy of the Government Hospitals but I am not aware of the laws concerning it. 

Can anyone please help me with this, so that I may help my friend develop a letter of complaint regarding the same.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 August 2021

Terms and conditions of service of the accused against allegedly working for government and private hospital simultaneously has to be perused by a local prudent lawyer.

Since it is not your personal case, don't worry / poke your nose into the affairs of other persons, where you are neither looser nor benefitted / concerned as it is stated to be the complaint of your "friend" let your "friend" may find out law for making a complaint.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 August 2021

Make a complaint about the person working in private hospitals while being employed in Govt Hospital. Let the complaint be to the highest authority in the hospital with relevant details.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 August 2021

Illegal and immoral are different issues.  Using competency and working hard to earn a decent income is definitely morally appreciable.  The terms and conditions of employment in Government Hospitals may bar employee in working outside and is not legal.  The fact is that in several states most doctors have a private practice and earn more than Govt salary.  The presumption is that as an employee is competent, the private hospitals are availing his experience and expertise.  If your friend is really having grievance in his shift duties, he may represent to his superior and to his union for fair treatment.  There is no legal issue.  Happy friendship day for taking up your friend's cause.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     01 August 2021

Govt servants shall not do private job.Without on rolls in private company he can work stealthly for money in private hospital.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 August 2021

As a Government employee your friend ought to be in the know of the service conditions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register