LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Gupta (bbbb)     28 September 2011

Withdrawal of case in family court

I have filed a divorce pitition in family court.  To  give chance to find some solution, I want to withdraw the case now. What are the consequences of such withdrawal  in my filing the case again if the acceptable solution is not found suitably. Is there any time bar in refiling or I can not file with same plea or can not file at all again  

Learning

10 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 September 2011

@ Author

1. You may withdraw by stating prayer "Due to technical grounds wish to withdraw present suit and I may be allowed to given liberty to file fresh" Insist / stress this prayer para to be part of Order sheet. Then law of estoppels and or res-judicta may not be a bar.

2. If you see the reconciliation may happen soon then you may file a simple withdrawal of suit application and on next date of hearing if reconciliation does not happen then you may again file a application to withdraw withdrawal of suit application. Recently Hon'ble SC has rightly interpreted CPC in which
Apex Court says that there is nothing wrong in filing withdrawal of withdrawal application and allowed such application. [Do understand Judgment re. below]

Re.:
RAJENDRA PRASAD GUPTA V. PRAKASH CHANDRA MISHRA & ORS. (2011) 2 SCC 705

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     28 September 2011

Instead of withdrawing the case try for the compromise. If there is no compromise then proceed with the case.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 September 2011

@ ld. brother Rajoo,

We all know in our practice that lots of women put this condition before coming across negotiation / compromise table ....... "pahle case withdraw karo fir baat karungi tumse" whereas husbands wants to keep one stone for ipso facto solution to marital problems so let it be so that he withdraws with a technical snag left behind and proceed on time bound hint compromise and failing which he always has option to start from where it was left .........

K Gupta (bbbb)     28 September 2011

Thank you sir for your advise. But I am not sure if any thing will happen soon as she is really very cunning and not even under control of her parents. I would be thankful if you can provide some reference to any judgement that I can use for citing withdrawal and resubmisson of petition if necessary at later stage. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 September 2011

Sir,

You don't need any judgement for withdrawing a civil case. It is your right.

As stated by Tajobs, if you withdraw unconditionally you run the risk that it can not be presented on the same facts again. Hence a liberty to file afresh at approrpiate time is a must

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

K Gupta (bbbb)     02 October 2011

Thanks sir. I have been told by some body that there is a  section 7 rule 11 ( I am not sure what it is )  under this court can be requested to return the  plaint  on the ground of faults or jurisdiction or misadvise in filing  which is not same as withdrawing. Can any body enlighten me on the subject what are  provisions and implication.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     03 October 2011

@Shonee!

U got it wrong, Tajob & author are talking about judgment on withdrawl of WITHDRAWL APPICATION.

@Author!

May I give a sugesstion, if u really think that they are cunning & want to give it a fair trial without being ditched, u ask for MEDIATION or LOK-ADALAT at ur family court. that will give both the parties ample room for reaching a solution.

Best wishes

Rajiv

Originally posted by :Shonee Kapoor

"
Sir,

You don't need any judgement for withdrawing a civil case. It is your right.

As stated by Tajobs, if you withdraw unconditionally you run the risk that it can not be presented on the same facts again. Hence a liberty to file afresh at approrpiate time is a must

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

"

Krish Narayan (Advocate)     03 October 2011

My advise is don't withdraw your case, till the compromise is succeeded.

If there is any pressing need to withdraw, then do it with liberty to file the same again.

Best of luck.

Jayarajan

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 October 2011

The grounds in Order 7, Rule 11 CPC is very limited:

Jurisdiction, No Cause of Action, Insufficient court fee.

However on certain grounds, the court can prescribe the time for correction of that deficiency, beyond which the plaint can not be represented.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     11 October 2011

Petition for withdrawing a suit with a permission to refile is not maintainable on the ground that a compromise is being going on between the parties and if the compromise formula doesnt work out the petitioner will refile the same. Order 23 Rule 1 and 2 provides when such petition could be entertained by Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register