Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rati   06 June 2016

Window remarriage pension issue

Smt. Mamta Rani D/o Sh. Charan Dass R/o Jhanderkalan Distt. Amritsar got married with late Sh. Arun Kumar Marwaha s/o Sh. Gauri Shanker Marwaha r/o Sarangdev, distt. Amritsar on 25-11-1988. Late Sh. Arun Kumar shot dead by terrorist on 1-1-1989. Exgrecia grant was sanctioned to Smt. Mamta Rani at the time of death of Arun Kumar and family pension was sanctioned to her. After the death of Sh. Arun Kumar she never lived with her father-in-law an lived with her father. After 1.5 years she got remarried with Sh. Ashok Kumar r/o Ajnala. In the year 1994 exgrecia grant of Rs. 50000/- was upgraded to 1,00,000/- and the mother of Arun Kumar appealed before S.D.M., Ajnala and upgreded exgrecia paid to his mother. Before two months it has known to me that after marriage Smt. Mamta Rani is getting pension . Pl. Inform that such widow who got remarried is entitled for family pension or not?

 2 Replies

siddhartha sinha   06 June 2016

Childless widow can keep getting pension even after remarriage IFF her present earning from all sources is less than pension+dearness relief amount amount.

rati   09 June 2016

pls provide any act under this rule 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query