LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnan (Manager)     24 December 2010

Will This Attract CrPC Sec 306

My Friends Father is very afraid now. He gave his daughter in marriage to a already divorced boy. six months back The girl after living with the boy for a week is back to parents home. She is now refusing to go back on account of physical and mental incompatability. Incidentally the marriage took place only on the comulsion of my friends father. Now the boy is threatening my friends father that he will commit suicide if the girl does not join him. But the girl is absolutely refusing to go back and wants a divorce. Now my friends father is afraid that if the boy commits suicide implicating him with a suicide letter- he might get arrested by police. Incidentally thegirls side wants only divorce on mutual consent and is not willing to bring in dowry or any other case against the boy.  They are so gentle  and my friends father is very afraid of  this episode. could you please suggest what is to be done.

Learning

2 Replies

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     25 December 2010

Make a formal complaint. Request a Senior police officer to advise the boy.

Krishnan (Manager)     25 December 2010

Thanks a lot Sir. But My friend's father is afraid of the mental strength of the boy as he keeps threatening to commit suicide. Further he is afraid even with good intentions if he takes the matter to police just to advise him, it might turn out negatively. Hence he is not doing it. His only worry is if the boy committs suicide with a letter mentioning him as the reason, will it conisdered as abetment to suicide and invite Sec 306. I  really  dont know who had given  him this fear. Can he be arrested really?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register