LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MM Joshi   30 June 2017

Will deed

Dear Members /Seniors,

We have property at Uttarakand, but now we are settled in Delhi. I need one suggestion from Honble Members please  " Can our father make a will deed at Delhi for the entire properity at Uttarakhand" is it a legal document for transfer of property in the names of all of us.

Kindly suggest.

Yours suggestion are highly  appreciated.


MM Joshi




 7 Replies

Saptarshi Paul (Advocate)     30 June 2017

Yes he can make WILL at Delhi. And after his demised you can file probate application either at Uttarakhand or Delhi. Remember two witnesses are required in WILLl and later this two witnesses will play vital role in proving the WILL.


1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     30 June 2017

Yes,will deed can be executed at Delhi.it will be a legal document.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2017

Agreeing with membres/experts; prefer to register the WILL.

It is not mandatory to probate the (Valid) WILL at Delhi or Uttrakhand.

1 Like

naresh A Mr. (Others)     02 July 2017

The WIll can be executed anywhere whether in delhi or uttarakhand for properties anywhere in India. If your father lives in delhi he can register the WIll in the sub-registrar office that has jurisdiction over his current residence and bequeath any and all properties anywhere in india to persons of his choice in that Will.

But you may also consider using  a Settlement deed which he can register either with life interest (in which case it will come into effect only after his demise) or without life interest or immediate (in which case the property is yours after the registration). It would cost around +-25K (depending on state) for registering a settlement deed .....but it removes lots of hassles confusions that can occur after demise. 

1 Like

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     02 July 2017

The WILL is valid one.

However, it has its own practical difficultites in effecting the WILL.

Hence, I suggest that your  father can execute a settlement deed reserving a life interest.

Thank you.

A. Sri Vijayan

94440 48547

1 Like

MM Joshi   03 August 2017

Thanking you

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2017

You are welcome..............

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register