Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashanth   24 January 2015

Will deed

My Dear Respected Advocates

Greetings..!

My father has written a WILL and the same was registered in the Sub-Registrar's Office in the 2010. Later, in the year 2012 he has written a CODICIL duly mentioning the earlier registered WILL DEED details along with its No etc., but it was not registered. And again in the year 2015 he has written CODICIL No.2 duly mentioning earlier registered WILL DEED details with its No and etc and also about CODICIL written in 2012 along with its date and this CODICIL No.2 is also not registered.

Now, I request to honorable Advocates of this forum is to let me know whether the registered WILL DEED is valid along with its unregistered CODICILS or Not.

I need to know the validity of the WILL and its unregistered CODICILS (2) written by my father. I want to know this to rule out the future complications whatever so.

Thanks in advance

Prasanth

Learning

1 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     24 January 2015

1. The original registered Will looses its legality once a codicil is made. Hence the codicil made  in 2015 is the last and it can be registered if possible to do so. Even codicil deed needs two witnesses.

2. If need be opt for phone consultation with this lawyer. To get my contact details click my name shown in the L.H.S. margin of this reply format.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More