LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan (Software developer)     28 June 2016

Wife working in past asking maintenance

I have proof of of my wifes past work details pay slip (3 year old).

But my wife lawyer says currently she is not working and file for maintenance.

Can any one one give me reference of High court and Supreme court judgement where highly qualified wife with past working  experience denied maintenance.

Learning

7 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     28 June 2016

There are many judgments related to wife capable of working not entitled for maintainence. So depending on circumstances.

Warm Regards,

Nitish Banka

Narayan (Software developer)     28 June 2016

Yes .. But I dont have Judgement copy ..if you  know can you provide me the information reference  etc..?

Khush   28 June 2016

do not worry. keep these proofs, prepare a detailed reply. in ur reply stress on her qualifications, her experience before marriage.and stress on that she left matrimonial house without any reason. and produce the experience certificate to court during arguments.

JustAdvisor (IT)     28 June 2016

try vijay kumar vs harsh lata agarwal...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2016

LCI expert Mr. Shonee Kapoor in expert in such matters has started an initiative.

You can benfit from it.

The OP's shall try for their stand.

Your lawyer shall mind your interst.

Keep in close contact with your lawyer and defend your interest in court.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2016

family court at Bombay has observed that a well-qualified woman cannot claim maintenance from her husband. "The wife who is well-qualified and claiming maintenance by sitting idle is not entitled to get maintenance. The wife is not entitled to advantage of her own wrong, she cannot harass the husband on the count of maintenance though she is capable to earn," the Bombay court said 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 June 2016

Either a qualified man or a woman cannot sit idle and claim maintenance from the other according to the observation of the Supreme Court.Hence prove her qualifications in the court.

Another point to be noted here is that if she secures a job according to her qualificdations,her income should not be less than 1/3rd of UR income.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register