Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife not returning from parents home, should i send a rcr ?

Page no : 2

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 May 2015

Was the proposal of Ghar Jamai not put forwarded by them before the engagement was made? Gentelman, U R relying too much on ifs and buts,that will never solve UR problem but further escalate into severe legal complications.Nothing more too add.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2015

You are artificially putting your imagination to work.

She might have coveyed some reasons before going. Come with full facts.

Your fil is not picking phone.  eight days before he wlecomed your entire family and frinds and now he is so annoyed.  Prima-facie it appears he is badly hurt. 

Please come with facts.

eternity (SSWE)     26 May 2015

If the proposal for  Ghar Jamai was put forward before I would have outright refused to marry . and this not my immagination, its a fact said by my MIL to my mom.
I dont understand what do u mean by badly hurt ? If I had done something that wrong I would be facing a case by now, and what abt comminication with my dad ?. If he is reasonable he should come to discussion. Dont you understand that he is hinding from me and not the other way around. 

what ever I have presented here are facts. Any how I got some suggestions which seem relavent to my case. Thanks all for your kind words. 

There are 2 valid points mentioned by the author.(1) Loan of Rs 5lakhs taken by wife for the purpose of marriage and asking the husband to clear it.(2) Ghar Jamai aspect.

Either clear the loan or join my house as Ghar Jamai.(these things only if the author is sincere in presentation)

Originally posted by : SAINATH DEVALLA
There are 2 valid points mentioned by the author.(1) Loan of Rs 5lakhs taken by wife for the purpose of marriage and asking the husband to clear it.(2) Ghar Jamai aspect.

Either clear the loan or join my house as Ghar Jamai.(these things only if the author is sincere in presentation)

He has also stated that

"In between once my mother in law came to our home alone threatned my mother, tried to assult me and demanded that we stay sapertly  from my parents for this marriage to work."

He has been given offer of reconciliation.  He is not narrating the background why all this happened in such short time. How his family provoked his in laws to that extent  --- this he has to realise if he wants reconciliation to work.

He is not mentioning the reasons that provoked his MIL to act in such a way,that too within a short span of getting their daughter married off.She has taken a loan of Rs.5 lakhs for marriage purpose,that means they are not well off.In such a case the  offer of Ghar Jamai would not arise.I strongly feel that the entire query could be put vice versa.Because he is going on with one side of the coin only.Hence dear Author, still U can come out with true facts for a reasonable solution for UR problem,or else U will not only be ruining  UR life but also UR wife's.

Originally posted by : SAINATH DEVALLA
He is not mentioning the reasons that provoked his MIL to act in such a way,that too within a short span of getting their daughter married off.She has taken a loan of Rs.5 lakhs for marriage purpose,that means they are not well off.In such a case the  offer of Ghar Jamai would not arise.I strongly feel that the entire query could be put vice versa.Because he is going on with one side of the coin only.Hence dear Author, still U can come out with true facts for a reasonable solution for UR problem,or else U will not only be ruining  UR life but also UR wife's.

He is also giving a prima-facie hint that girls side has spent mor ethan capacity followed by serious matrimonial dispute in eight days.

eternity (SSWE)     26 May 2015

Update on my case: I have approached my local PS along with my father. I have presented him the facts of the case. They have called my wife and FIL for counciling tmmro.

innocenthusband   27 May 2015

May I know why everyone is finding fault with the husband here? The wife and her family are refusing to answer the husbands calls and refusing to discuss. What has the husband done to receive this treatment? In what case is it justified that the husband has to visit the local police station *just* to get them to talk? Eternity - your wife is someone who doesn't love you. 99% she has someone on the side. If she is human she has urges and they are being fulfilled, whichever way you look at it. This entire drama has been played to separate you from your parents and to get access to your money. Don't give it to them. In fact, they should not ever enter your life again. Live your life with dignity and do not give any chance to a woman who has only spent 8 days with you. Just because you married her doesn't mean you are indebted to her. There is only one word which can describe your inlaws and your wife. Predators.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 May 2015

May I know why everyone is finding fault with the husband here?

The experts who have commented are not suffering from enti-wise bias.  The querist has not given full facts and leaving things to imagination. The facts given by him prima-facie hint at his fault.  At times facts are stranger than fiction and what appoears on half facts may ot be correct.  But he has to clarify the faps so as to get correct advise.  So far he has been advised not to file RCR.

The wife and her family are refusing to answer the husbands calls and refusing to discuss. What has the husband done to receive this treatment?

The need is to understand why they are behaving so.  They may be justified or not justified.  It is the full facts which will dictate so. Desertion in 8 days is strange.  It could be either marriage was not according to her choice or she has found (rightly or wrongly) matrimonial home not condusive to live.

In what case is it justified that the husband has to visit the local police station *just* to get them to talk?

It is a fact he stated that medications are failing.

Eternity - your wife is someone who doesn't love you. 99% she has someone on the side.  If she is human she has urges and they are being fulfilled, whichever way you look at it.

He has not stated this so there is no ground to imagine this.. 

This entire drama has been played to separate you from your parents and to get access to your money.

It is the ful facts (not narrated) will dictatge how far such expectation of wife (if at all there) is justified.  access to husband's money is right of wife even if the reside togather.  He has not clarified whether she was deprived of money n his house.

Don't give it to them. In fact, they should not ever enter your life again.

He has to take decision on this depending upon totality of facts.

Live your life with dignity and do not give any chance to a woman who has only spent 8 days with you. Just because you married her doesn't mean you are indebted to her.

The period ofliving togather is not relevant. The marriage is complete and binding and you are bound to maintain her without /without divorce,  with/without livign with you fo the entire period of life (till she ramarries with/without divorce), unless you are able to show that her desertion is unjsutified. It is the law only which will help you not the emotions.  For suggesting how the law can help you or harm you the facts are esential.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More