Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (Owner)     18 May 2021

Wife not ready to shift to my hometown

Hello Sir, I am Rahul married in 2015. I have daughter of 5yrs old. My parents are senior citizens and I am planning to move my hometown to take care of my parents. But my wife is not ready to come with me to my hometown. We both are working. I have resigned and will start business at hometown. Kindly suggest the suitable action so that wife will ready to shift to hometown. Thanks in advance.


 7 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     18 May 2021


There is no legal provision in law to compel your wife to move to your hometown. You have to discuss and find out an amicable solution by involving your elders in the family. You can also take the help of consulting services. 

rahul (Owner)     18 May 2021

Thanks for reply. She is not respecting my parents and I need to take care of my parents also. If I left alone then she will put allegations on me that I left her alone. She is smartly playing with my emotions. She is saying that if you want to shift your Home town you can but I can't come. She is saying  give me shelter and money for expenses.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     18 May 2021

You have to solve the issue only by amicable manner or otherwise it could make more problem


law must be prepared in this issue becouse million of people suffer with this problem

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 May 2021

A husband and wife are lifelong companions who lead a common life; they are two intimate comrades. The rights and status of each are equal. They should work together and manage household affairs together. They should encourage and help each other in politics, work, and study. In daily life, they should take care of each other and show consideration. As for their parents, both sides should bear the responsibility for their care. With respect to the care and education of their children, both sides should fulfill their responsibilities. To deal with the relationship between husband and wife on the basis of a spirit of mutual respect, love, and common progress is indeed to manifest a new form of relationship between husband and wife. This kind of relationship between husband and wife will continuously increase the feelings between the two and make their lives more and more ideal.

lawyer_rajiv (9811284735) (lawyer)     19 May 2021

this issue seems more social than legal.  try to convince your wife to join you and fulfil her duties as a wife, mother and daughter in law.  In case she is not willing to do the same for a considerable long time, the option to file a petition for Restitution of conjugal rights is there.

rahul (Owner)     19 May 2021

Thanks for reply. One more point I have sold my flat. Flat is in my name only. I am asking my wife to come with me to hometown but she is not ready to come with me. If she doesn't vacate sold flat then what I need to do. I don't want create problem to party who purchase my flat. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query