Wife cheating on husband

Respected Members,

The Husband's wife cheated on him. When he  found out about the same, the wife threw him out of the house. The House is under the name of the wife. Is there any legal help that the husband can get? 



Adultery is the ground for divorce in matrimonial law. However, the husband should have strong evidence about adultery so as to get a divorce. 



Better to seeking advise from local advocate 

Practicing Lawyer 9918411669

Please specify entire details of property & what kind of help husband wants divorce & eviction. Also specify the place of event so that local lawyer (if any) on this forum may help in time.  



As the house is in the name of the wife, he cannot get benefit from the house.  But he shall file an adultery case on his wife before the court and at the same time, he shall show proof if he purchased the house in his wife's name.


The house is in the name of wife, where she may not allow husband to reside/ use.

Whether the husband want to spoil his married life ? If so, he may collect all evidence(s) qua adultery and file a suit for a decree of divorce. Otherwise, husband should consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.  

Prima facie it is a hypothetical query vis-a-vis facts posted.

ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108

1.  AGREE with above Experts Advises.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

yes. He can file a case under section 506 of IPC 1860.

Punishment for Criminal Intimidation – The husband can file a case against his wife, claiming that she threatens him to hurt himself or his family or property.


What is your interest in the husband and wife's life?


The wife in order to retaliate the husband's dictates especially when he chided or restricted or scolded her or prevented her from indulging in the acts of adultery discovered by him, she would have thrown him out of her house.

He cannot claim residential rights in such an event.

Instead, he can file a divorce case on the ground of adultery by producing clinching evidence of her acts of adultery and also by impleading the adulterer as second respondent.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x