Share More

(Guest)

Wife can not demand share in property of husband during his

Wife can not demand share in property of husband during his life time

Bombay High Court
Jayamati Narendra Shah  vs Narendra Amritlal Shah on 18 January, 2014

CORAM : MRS. ROSHAN DALVI, J.
Citation; 2014 (2) MHLJ 739

Family - Entailment for Injunction - Demand of partition - Plaintiff had filed suit claimed partition of immovable properties and mandatory injunction directed to handover those properties to Plaintiff and usual permanent injunctions against alienation - Hence, this Notice of Motion - Whether Defendant had rightly filed notice of motion to oppose grant of adinterim reliefs - Held, it was only Hindu widow who got interest of her husband in coparcenary or joint family property upon death of her husband - There had been no partition in HUF in which husband was coparcener - Husband had not acquired any specific share in coparcenary property - In disputed property deceased who was member of her husband's (Defendant's) HUF would have share - However deceased could not have demanded partition - Thus claim by wife during life time of husband in share and interest which he had coparcener in his HUF was wholly premature and completely misconceived - Therefore injunction in respect of such property could not be granted as claimed - Hence Defendant should not alienate, encumber, part with possession or create any third party rights in equity shares held by deceased - Notice of Motion disposed of.
Ratio Decidendi: 
"Party shall not alienate, encumber, transfer, part with possession or otherwise create any third party rights, unless proves that party can make demand partition in HUF properties."

-https://www.lawweb.in/2014/04/wife-can-not-demand-share-in-property.html

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Thanks a lot for the information this is exactly what I was searching for as I had gifted my property to my family.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register