LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous Name (Private)     07 September 2017

Wife blackmailing to file a false case against me and family

I am working as software engineer. Previously I was working in Bangalore.

Due to family issues I left bangalore and moved to my hometown and currently working from home from my hometown since 3.5 years to protect myself from my wife & in-laws.

I got married in 2012 and having a son. 
My wife used torture me to completely isolate from my parents and siblings from the initial days of my marriage.
She took an advantage of indian law 498A and filed complaint on me once in 2014. But, no FIR filled because, in the enquiry she couldn't prove anything because I supported her a lot and I only spend lot of money after marriage like purchase of gold and supporting her family. We have all dcouments as proofs, so she took back her complaint by agreeing like my parents/siblings/relatives shouldn't come to my house and completely should isolate.  No one from my side, not even spoken with my wife since 3.5 years. They haven't come to my home at all. 

After my wife took back complaint, I took seperate home away from my parents and she stayed with me only for 3 months. We have at home landline & mobile. She maintaied one secret mobile, but infront of society, she spread like she doesn't have any mobile/communication mechanism to communicate with her parents. One day she caught with mobile and she felt guilty. She told like she will be back in 4 days and left along with my son to her parents home. Then she switched off mobile for few days and didn't come for 1 year. I scared to go to my in-laws home and meet her. I called her couple of times and no response, So I stopped thinking about her. I stayed seperately from my parents even she left me for 1 year. After 1 year, she called me and said she changed a lot and will be back, we need to admit son in school. I told her to take time and think and if she really willing to stay without any issues, can come back. After taking 1 month time, she came to my home again.

Currently I am constructing home in my hometown and to settle there itself. If I go out for 1 hour and come back, she starts fights like I went to my parents to, so they are brain washing me. She maintain secret contacts and whenever I visit my to my parents home, she will torcher me. My parents are very much elder above 63 and they sacrifised their life for my education. I am in a situation now I have to scare to visit my parents also with my wife's activities. I stressed mentally a lot. Sometimes, I decided to go away from everyone because of this much mental stress.  I completely lost/sacrifised my life and parents/siblings.

She want to stay in her hometown along with her parents. She is trying to make me bad infront of society to get proofs like I am not taking care about family.  She is threatening me again like she will file a false complaint again on me & my parents and siblings.  Every time, my wife blackmailing me along with her parents. They know how law supports ladies and misusing. 

Just because of my son's life should not spoil, still I am working and baring all her torcher.
How should I handle this situation?

Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     07 September 2017

You have already given her a lot of free hands which has spoiled her. Be firm. you have already suffered a lot. you must not have to neglect your parents and relatives. There are ways to tackle the situation, so consult with details. Sidharth 9811776422 

Anonymous Name (Private)     07 September 2017

1 Like

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     07 September 2017

How to handle the situation eventually depends on  factors such as how you forsee the future of your marriage? If you want to put an end to your marriage, you can file for Divorce on the ground of cruelty as forcing someone to live away from family amounts to cruelty as per the latest SC judgement. If you want to save your marriage, you will have to continue in this situation.  You and your wife can undergo marriage counselling to improve your understanding and relationship. 

1 Like

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   07 September 2017

u can file for divorce on cruelty ground under hindu marriage act....but if u want 2 save ur marriage u must b willing to forego all this harassment

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     07 September 2017

As suggested above, you can file for divorce as filing of a false criminal complaint against the spouse also amounts to cruelty, as well as other instances of her behavior towards you.
1 Like

rishi   07 September 2017

NO NEED TO FILE ANY CASE.HER BEHAVIOUR  WILL NEVER CHANGE TOWARDS U N UR FAMILY.SO DONT THINK MUCH.ENJOY UR PERSONAL LIFE.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register