LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Why two adults marry ?

Feeling for evolving Indian Matrimony and side by side seeing the Traditions (Khaps / social pressures) and new laws and Amendments therein coming for disucussions / debates / suggestions etc. I would like to ask views of ld. LCI friends here;

Que.: WHY DO TWO ADULTS MARRY IN INDIAN SUB - CONTINENT ?

- is it to please THEMSELVES?

- or is it to PLEASE their folks (parents / elders in family) ?

- or is it to for the sake of SOCIETY they keep?

- or is it TRADITIONAL to get married like fashionable now-a-days if I may dare to say so ?

- or is it for having a SON out of their union?

- or is it that they are NOW ADULTS?

- or is it that they get LICENSE for having s*x by legally marrying ?

- or is it that they LOVE each other?

- or is that they were FORCED to marry each other?

Kindly donot give diplomatic answers here and multiple selection of some of the thinkable causes from above may be avoided while answering please.

Rgds

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 June 2010

only one answer to all your questions is  " yes"

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 June 2010

because they are no more adlosent.

Unbiased Advice (Advocate)     24 June 2010

It is as simple as in case of Men "They get LICENSE for having s*x by legally marrying"

and In the case of women "For the sake of SOCIETY in addition to above option"

niranjan (civil practice)     24 June 2010

To make family.

Madansingh Shekhaawat (writer & an editor)     25 June 2010

There are many reasons, but the most legitimate reason that I have heard is that both partners in a committed relationship want to formalize their long-term commitment to have an exclusive relationship with each other.

If this is true for you and your future spouse, then you should think long and hard about the inadvertent consequences of making such a commitment. Circumstances will change, and so will you and your future spouse. Make plans accordingly........

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     28 June 2010

Mostly in North India what is been followed by Hindus since long  is described/encrypted in “Sri Ramcharitmanas” some of the “Dohas” /“Chaupais” I am pasting and full Romanized version of “Sri Ramcharitmanas” can be downloaded from “gitapress.org”. These are still being followed in rural middle class India. Marriage has religious importance. It is considered another most important event apart from “Birth” and “Death”. All these three events are celebrated here with feast. Or may be called life cycle of Human being.  Marriage has religious, social importance. Every person wants their daughters to get married for the sake security.

But these things are losing significance and being degraded with passage of time and advancement of our society.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register