LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Manager)     14 April 2012

Why marriage is becoming both way hell for men?

I was forced into marriage by family at very young age without even seeing the girl..We don't share husband & wife relation for last 8.5 yrs..Now that I have decided to break this forced relation,my in-laws are blackmailing to file 498a/harrasement case...Can they file a case even w/o any basis after such long period of marriage?She gave brith to a daughter after 2 yrs of marriage which i am sure is not mine.But couldn't get a DNA test done as we are residing in a small town & no legal support.She stays with her parents with daughter.She also doesn't want to give me divorce.Please advise how should I proceed for divorce, as I am mentally broken down?


 4 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     15 April 2012

How do you know daughter is not yours?You both were not together ?Why this separation happened.

Your situation is really pathetic and dont worry experts of this forum will give you a positive remedy.

satya (Manager)     15 April 2012

if you are sure that your marriage could not consumated then you may file petition to declare marriage as void.

Rahul (Manager)     15 April 2012

Ranee:I am sure bcoz i was away from wife immdiately after marriage for next 1.5years.

Satya:I thought divorce by mutual consent was the only option left for me...Which section of constituition allows this & is there a time frame for declaring the marriage as void?

Looking optimistically towards suggestions to enable me to take a bold step as I think I have wasted large part of this beautiful life & now need to put things in right place.BTW it was not intentiona,but was under social & family pressure to continue.

Ranee....... (NA)     15 April 2012

You said your wife is not ready to divorce you ..then how mutual consent divorce is possible?

I advice you to throw this query in expert section also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register