Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marimuthu (SSE)     12 March 2013

Who is the 1st legal heir

Hi All,

My dad had few shares of Reliance Capital, Reliance Power in physical form.. (got to know that you need succession certification only if share value is more than 1 lakh hence not appliable for me).

He is deceased now. As per the procedure for transmission of shares (document contining the procedure is available at https://www.docstoc.com/docs/27071190/TRANSMISSION_form[1] ) in page 1 point no. 3. it says that "The NJSP,s/SAS should be purchased in the name of 1st Legal Heir".

Is my mother the 1st Legal Heir?. Our family comprise of my mother and her 4 childern. 

As i being one of the child plan to transfer the shares in my name with everybody's concent as I have a demat account.. In that case, can I be the 1st Legal heir or can my mother only be the legal heir?

Thanks & Regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Rajendra Shrivastava (advocate)     12 March 2013

your mother and all childrens are first heirs according to 1st shedule of hindu sccession act 1956/

Marimuthu (SSE)     13 March 2013

Dear Mr. Shrivastava,

Thank you for the response.

I have another query with respect to No-Objection Letter to be given to a legal heir by the other remaining legal heir(point no. 13) in the above mentioned document.

I am not sure if the NO-Objection Letter is to be executed on a normal paper or only on Non-Judiciary Stamp Paper (of what value)?.

Can legel documents like (e.g:  indemnity bond, NOC)  in general be typed on a plain A4 sheet and then franked. Or should they be typed on the 2 Rs. stamp paper and then franked? Is franking done on a plain paper or on 2 Rs Stamp paper consided as Non-Judiciarry stamp paper and equivalent?.

The reason I am asking because I am not sure if few of the documents required for transmission of shares is to be executed on 2 Rs. stamp or on plain paper. If both of them are considered equivalent, I can print the matter on a A4 sheet and get all the legal Heir's sign (they stay in different places) and later take the franking as per the requirment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register