I request your guidance for a solution. The issue is given below.
My client is an engineer & has designed 5 different bottle label for a water company. In that the water company has requested to design 5 labels and told him that they would select only 1 from the 5.
Being a fresher he is ignorant about agreements & laws pertaining to business. Without written agreement, he has designed and gave the same.
There was an oral statement by the company that Rs.25000/- would be paid for the design. But out of ignorance he has given all the 5 designs and was paid only Rs.5000/- in cash.
Now we would like to know:
1) How to register the design ? Whether under patent or copyrights act.
2) My client has registered with the Registrar of Creative Commission but he says he did not get any registration number. So how to go ahead with the Registrar of creative Commission ?
3) Please help me with a DRAFT Agreement with all legal clauses for entering into contract for above mentioned projects.
4) What we have to do further? We are not interested to go ahead straight away legally as the company has political background.
5) The Company management has selected 1 design and given for printing. What we have to do now ?
6) Further to that what we have to do ?
Please guide us.................