LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Gupta   09 October 2023

Whether agreement between sra builder and tenant should be notarised or registered

Our locality is being developed under SRA Scheme in 2 parts. The first part, building is nearing completion (it has taken 12 years). Proposal is to start the construction for second part. We are in occupation of shop which is in the second part and have been asked to vacate it. We have been promised advance rent payment of 6 months and access to one of the shop in the under construction building, to keep our goods. Builder expects the work to get completed within 6 months. Till that time an agreement will be executed and notarised. Subsequently, when the construction is completed and OC is received, shop will then be registered by paying the stamp duty. 

Need advise on safeguarding our interest as builder has not been able to complete the work on time and has been erractic in making rent payment to other members of the society. Should we get the agreement notarised or should we request the builder to execute agreement and pay the stamp duty


 2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 October 2023

DOn' be fooled your possesion is only valid right with you, ask them to register the agreement first then vacate. Rest is your choice. This time you are in possesion they will accept then they will make you dance on their free will

Ashish Gupta   10 October 2023

Thanks for your advice, really appreciate it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register