LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swami (individual)     26 February 2015

Where to file civil suit

My friend has purchased an agricultural property in interior Tamilnadu in 2009. Currently it is worth Rs 50 Lakhs. Some anti-social elements have created encumbrance on this property and are staking false claims over the property. Revenue records very clearly confirm the title in favour of my friend. He wants to know:

1) how to remove the encumbrance ( it appears that the Registration department of Tamilnadu does not have authority top cancel the transaction, because of a Stay Order in Madras HC)

2)He wants to file a Civil Suit to ensure his title and possession.  He is receiving differing opinions. One of the lawyers saying that  that the Suit has to be filed in the District Court while the other saying it should be in Madras High Court as the property value is over 50 Lakhs. Where should he file the Civil Suit?


 2 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     26 February 2015

file suit in madras high court.

1 Like

swami (individual)     26 February 2015

Thanks Sir. Can removal of the illegal encumbrance on the property and establishing the title be combined in the same Civil Suit?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register