LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KL   24 February 2020

Where should a gpa be registered

Hi all, I have got prepared one GPA document at DTP giving permissions to sell/ manage immovable properties acquired through inheritance. In actual fact these properties are not in a single district of andhra Pradesh but upon advise from one notary/ wakeel. But when we went to register these at tirupati registrars, they have declined to register them stating that as the properties are located in different districts the GPA cannot be registered at a single place. Is this correct? Are there any supporting documents for this online or elsewhere? Also, a bank challan was paid, money was paid by my brother-in-law. Is there a way to get a refund of this challan. I am now told I have to send a letter stating that, I'm not willing to go through this transaction and that I want a refund. As I have been an NRI for a while, I don't have adhar/PAN cards. How can we proceed with GPA registration, if not get the refunfd of the challan money. Any help / guidance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.


 4 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     24 February 2020

Dear KL,

1. As per the latest Supreme Court orders, any immovable property sold through GPA is not valid, GPA must be coupled with interest that means it should be like Agreement of Sale-cum-GPA or Development Agreement-cum-GPA.

2. You need to take PAN Card.

3. If you want to sell the agricultural land, then RBI permission is compulsory.

4. If the Properties are located at different places, better to get execution and registration of such property at their jurisdiction only to avoid any future litigations.




KL   24 February 2020

Hi Rao garu, thankyou for the reply. I believe the new ruling by supreme court is to stop evading stamp duty/registration charges, which people are probably using to transfer property on others name. But this GPA we are trying to get is so that i could appoint my sister as the operator for selling my share of property - this is not for transferring the deeds. Should this also be like "agreement of sale cum GPA". Also, is it compulsory that such document should be on non-judicial stamp paper, or is normal white paper sufficient? Thanks again

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     24 February 2020

Dear KL,

You can appoint her as Attorney holder, if it is coupled with interest not by way of simple GPA. at the time of registration of Sale Deed, directly you can execute and send the same for presentation and registration before the concerned District Register  instead of giving her power of attorney. 

1 Like

Adv Haresh Raichura (Advocate on Record)     25 February 2020

I think this will serve your purpose. Prepare separate GPA for property in separate areas. You may have to make more than on GPA, but it will remove objection you are facing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register