LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjeet   05 May 2018

Where I can Lodge complaint against traffic police

In Dharamtalla there is a parking space at the end of the road (lindsay Street) I have parked my two wheeler, after sometime when I was returning from the same road, Traffic police stopped me and took my DL, said "it is one way in the evening" (this road is hardly 100m and look like service Lane, there is no sign board/no-entry board). Many other bikers were also being stopped and they extorted money from them. When I refused to give them bribe and said if I am wrong please fine me. They started shouting at me "kanoon ka keeda ghusa hua hai na, ruk tujhe maza chakhata hu". After that they fined me under 115/194 (1) of ₹2000 and said me to submit online within 1week & collect DL from PS or else case will be initiated in appropriate court. When I downloaded e-chalan it says 'I was playing/stunt in that road' It's been 16 days I didn't paid the fees. I am still waiting for a call to appear in court. I am planning to do RTI and ask (1) when it became one way? (2)why there is no sign board? (3) how many bikers were fined on that date (this area is under cctv surveillance) My questions are from respected lawyers 1. Is this fine justified? (Pls note they have seized my DL) 3. If I want, where I can Lodge my complaint?

Learning

1 Replies

Jai Hind   06 May 2018

The onus of evidence is on you. You have to prove it with sufficient evidence. Your track record/challa history can also be presented for persual. Once challaned the innocence has to be proved by you. The compalint to higher authorites can be made but it will be subjected to court matter and even senior will wash off their hands.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register