LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhishma   11 July 2021

Where can i register complaint against adulterated milk

Which is the right department to register online complaint against milk adulteration ?  Can it be done anonymously? 

 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 July 2021

If you come across any restaurant or any other food business that you see is taking part in or perpetrating food/milk adulteration, you can file a complaint against the Manufacturer, Restaurant owner, Shopkeeper or Employer to the Local Health Authority/ Food Safety Authority's district commissioner or the Consumer Forum.

Bhishma   11 July 2021

Person is a local milkman not any legally established business. Please provide proper adress/ email/ website of the related department. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2021

You can bring the notice to media so that public must aware about adulteration problem.To  implement the food adulteration act, GHMCorporation, Hyderabad requires enforcement officials and due to the shortage in food inspection staff this law is not being implemented.   

Ananya Gosain   27 August 2021

You can lodge a complaint against your vendor with the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) with the dedicated helpline number. You can approach the Consumer Forum at any of the three levels, namely; district level, state level and national level. The complaints registered in this manner have the original jurisdiction at district levels and further appellate court at a state or federal levels.

The consumers have an option to directly reach out to FSSAI through an online platform called the Food Safety Voice. This platform provides the provisions for registering a complaint against adulterated, substandard, or unsafe food products. You also can complain about the poor labeling of the product or any misleading advertisement you came across regarding the product.

As per Sections 51- 64 of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, Anyone who manufactures sells, stores, distributes or imports any sub-standard food item; any food item which contains decayed matter, any article stored in unhygienic conditions is liable to pay the penalty. Moreover,  If anyone distributes a product containing a non-severe adulterant, they may be fined up to Rs. 1 lakh, but if the adulterant is harmful to health, the fine may be extended to Rs. 10 lakh.

you may refer to this previous query,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query