LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasu Rao Gupta (Employee)     23 January 2010

What type of Documents to be seen for pur. of Dwelling hous

My Friend is planning to Purchase a Dwelling House at Hyderabad city area i.e., ready made second hand house from the seller.  He is in dilemma that he don't have knowledge about the real estate and knowledge abt sale and purchase in dealing with dealing house.  How can we get clear information and how we can trace out to purchase a dwelling house. 

The dwelling house constructed last 25 years back  and if he wants to purchase the same house what type of documents he have to see i mean linked documents,  layout, etc.,  plz give me  clear information. 






 4 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     23 January 2010

It is better to consult a advocate for legal opinion of the title of the property with all necessary documents.

Daksh (Student)     23 January 2010

Dear Mr.Vasu,

Seek services of a Advocate firstly to conduct the property search in the Municipal/Revenue Records to ensure the factum of ownership and whether the same is free from any third party charge, incumberance etc.

Then remit the Earnest money and go for Agreement to Sale.

Lastly get Sale Deed executed and Registration done to be the lawful owner of the property besides getting the water, electricity connection transferred in your dear friends name.  For the purposes of formats of Agreement of Sale and Sale Deed you may refer to, & document formats on this site as well.

I hope this satisfies your query.

Thanks and best regards


Elamaran Perumal (Law Officer)     23 January 2010

Hi friends,

Before purchasing a dwelling house , one has to verify the following documents:-

1) Original title deed

2) Non-Encumbrance Certificate to be obtained from the Sub-Registrar's Office  or a Title Search Report prepared by an Advocate.

3) Approved plan / Lay Out from Municipal Authorities/Corporation etc.

 4) Agreement to sell ,if required, to be entered into between the parties.

5) Latest land tax receipts of the Seller have to be checked. 

Subhashis Kundu (Executive(Legal))     23 January 2010

Continuing from Mr. Perumal....

(i) instead of apporoved plan, you may advise the seller to provide you with building completion certificate from Municipal Authority,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register