Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

puneet saxena (student)     30 July 2012

What to do if police donot register fir


what to do if the police does not register an FIR. is there any rule or law that police can forbid to register an FIR. A theft has taken place in our home . gold jwelery has been  stolen from our almirah and we have given a written complaint to the police with name of two suspect. on of them is my  cousin (mama's son) and prime suspect. the second one is employee at my shop.the chances he(second suspect) stolen is very rare. but now it is confirmed that my mama' son has stolen the jewellery but police is favoring them because police has gotten bribe from prime suspect's father(my mama). police did not register our FIR then we complaint about this to SP. then we got the phone call from our many relative that is relative of mama also to take the complaint back otherwise we have to face consequences (message was conveyed from my mama's behalf) but when we forbade then police called us and both the suspect to the police station and presurrize us to take the complaint back but when we forbade then police said to one of the suspect's father(my mama) to talk to us and then he(suspect's father(my mama)) said that he is ready to give the money for jewellery. but police did not say any thing to the other suspect thats mean police know who is the real culprit then we said ok but one of the police person said that it is not an fair deal . all of you have to swear. then main suspect's father(my mama)  said that he is ready to swear that his son did not stolen the jwelery and said to my father that you have to swear that you have seen prime suspect(my mama's son)  stealing the jwelery.but my father refuse to swear because we did not see him to steal if we have seen then why we give the name of two suspects. now  police is saying that they cannot do any thing and did not register FIR. besides it suspect's father(my mama)is threatning us to kill and destroy my career but when we complain about this to police then police is also trying to scare us by saying that in exitement any one can kill anybody. so what should we do?

is there any punishment to police if  they do not register an FIR?  

 6 Replies


Police is not the last authority in the country. File a private complaint in the court by engaging a lawyer.

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     30 July 2012

U    can  Complain     before   the    Superintendent   of   Polce    of     u'r    Area   by    Registerd   Post.   Lasly    you     can    go    for   the    filing   Complaint   Petition   before    the    S.D.J.M.    of   u'r   Locality.

Ardent Ace (Nill)     30 July 2012

It can even be sent by an email to commossioner and other senior officers with subject of email marked as First Information Report. But the regd post is extremely effective as sometimes emails are not checked.

Ardent Ace (Nill)     30 July 2012

This funny swearing business I have also seen, lower rank police personnel like constables etc even talk of going to temple and swearing while keeping a hand on the Deitys statues.

Adv. Vaishali Karloopia (lawyer)     30 July 2012

@ Puneet

Read section 154 crpc

Selvendaran (Student)     31 July 2012

u read 154crpc 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query