LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     09 July 2013

What should i do ?

Dear friends,

My divorce case on cruelty is pending before the family court. She is occupying my house and fighting the case. I was forced to reside elsewhere because of her atrocities. My ailing mother is staying in that house.But even when the the case is subjudice she is making the lives of my family members miserable  and has been fighting and insulting them almost regularly.Kindly advise what can I do at this stage.



 6 Replies

Daksh (Student)     09 July 2013

The atrocities on your family member comes within the perview of the Domestic Voilence take advice from a learned Advocate and take the matter to its logical conclusion.

best regards


Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 July 2013

your ailing mother is entitled to file domestic violence case against daughter in law.  Before the court you can put an alternative offer of providing to your estranged wife a rented accommodation.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     09 July 2013

She has no right to stay with your parents if you have a seperate residence. Your mother can throw her out of her house.




Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     09 July 2013

it is not clear why she thrown you out of your parents house and she and yours parents are staying

if she has taken such drastic step to thrown you out of your house some day there is harm even to your parents so file a complaint in the police station about harm to your parents from her bahu and with the help of police you can take your wife to her parental house without any harm to her and your parents 

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     09 July 2013

Dear Sir,

Since she is your wife she has a right to stay there, but if she is not allowing you to enter the home then please file an F.I.R for wrongfull restraint U/S 339 IPC as you have a legal right to stay there and she is not allowing you to get in.

So far as you mother is concerned, she has a right to fight a domestic voilence case against your daughter in law and since she is the senior citizen she would be given a good chance to contest the case.

Advocate Kapil Chandna


MANKU (EXECUTIVE)     10 July 2013

Thanks indeed to all of you for your valued advice. Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query