Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KNK A Learner (Learning to share)     29 June 2013

What remedy to widow if harassed by in-laws

Husband expired.

Husband's Mother, Sister, brother took control of all her husband properties and threatening wife to relinquish her right on property and doing emotional blackmailing, she was thrown out of house next day after her husband's death. Now she is living seperately with her children from 2005. Tried to settle matter amicabily through elders and even through legal services adalat. All trials failed. In this  genuine case,

What are the remedies available to her through law?


 5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     30 June 2013

Depending upon the nature of the properties the widow can file a suit for partition for herself and her children to seek get their shares seperated.

1 Like

Vanshaj (Studying Law)     30 June 2013

I think she can fill a case for women hareshment.

MUKUND KUMAR (Lawyer)     30 June 2013

Here, in this case Archana's opinion is considerable.  But as per my opinion it is not advisable to file a suit s*xual harassment.  However, if there was something like that then it had to be included in the first trial which she had initiated in court. Now, she has only a way to chllenge the verdict of the adalat she has acquired in higher court.

with regards

Ranee....... (NA)     30 June 2013

Originally posted by : Vanshaj

I think she can fill a case for s*xual hareshment.

What advice you are offering?If there is no such harrassment then why should she do so?

Navjot Kumar (Lawyer)     02 July 2013


you can file suit for partition for yourself and for your chidren

2. if they are causing any harm, harrashment , you can file a criminal complaint with police station, in case police is not taking action approached to court


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query