LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seema sharma   09 October 2017

what remedies for non reversal of dishonored cheque

Sir, What are the legal remedies available for accountholder if bank don,t reverse the debit entry for cheque,which was returned on account of difference in signature.cheque issued by me and dishonoured (cheque is in my custody right now).letter sent to Manager already 2 months before.

Learning

2 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 October 2017

Your query is not clear. What debit entry? Cheque return charges or entiere cheque amount (of the cheque returned)? The latter cannot be the case. No bank debits the amount of cheque, which was returned.  Please verify the cheque number that was debited and the cheque you have with you.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 October 2017

This can not normally happen in any bank, as per my knowledge as your debit has to reflect in their books as credit to some other account.

However, issue a Notice under CP Act and also file RTI Application to your banker as follows:

RTI:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide specific reasons for inordinate delay in reversing the entry of Rs.....debited for Ch.No....in the account of.............................Account No............though the cheque was returned unpaid.

2.Please provide certified copy of that entry voucher basing on which the debit is still continuing in the account  and the corresponding credit voucher where the amount is parked.

NOTICE UNDER CP ACT

TO.

.................................Bank

The complainant, a customer of your  branch  with...........(SB/CA) account no..................hereby issues the demant for immediate reversal of Rs...........debited into the account on............without any valid voucher, without any reason, with interest at Bank rate and costs of Rs.1,000/- within 24 hours from date of receipt of this notice, failing which the complainant will be constrained to file complaint in District Consumer Forum, alleging negligence, deficiency of service and harassment by the Bank.

Sd

Name of complainant:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register