Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak   07 July 2017

What is preceipy ?

Hello Experts,

                      My civil litigation over in Aug. 2016. Now I want my original documents back from court records. I went in-person to apply for 'Return of documents'. But concern clerk told me to bring 'preceipy' (may be spelling is incorrect) writting that ' I want my original documents back with exchange of zerox of the same'. I enquired few advocate outside the court, but none of co-operate.

  Kindly explain and if possible sample draft of it can be provided. 


 4 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     08 July 2017

If you are talking about the certified copies of your judgement, you can obtain them by making an application as per the provisions and the prescribed format in your state's/ district court rule book.

The application which you must address to the district officer would require you to fill up basic information like your personal details, name of the parties to the case, name of the case, name of the court, date of the decision etc.

If you mean you want your own documents back (which were submitted by you for use in court proceedings,) you only need to get a photocopy/xerox of such documents (which you must have preserved earlier) along with a piece of paper signed by you which simply states, "I want my original documents back given by me for *name of the case* in place of these xerox copies."

The clerk will then take the application and photocopies and give you back the original documents.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 July 2017

When you have paid to an advocate and engaged him for the services, can not he do this favour to you by returning those copies available with him to Court and handover you the originals ?

Members are having their own advocates, but still not trusting them, very difficult to understand as to where is the exact problem ?  Litigants or Advocates ?

Yes. There is some meaning in seeking second opinion or getting clarification for confirmation but on routine matters seeking guidance from open forum is difficult to understand.

K.UPENDER REDDY   09 July 2017

Simple.... first you take certified copies of original from court. you move a petition under order 13 Rule 9 of code of civil procedure with a pray to substitute the original with certified copies and  pray for  return of the original. Approach your advocate on record he will help you

deepak   10 July 2017

Thanks Raveena, Prasadji, Upender Reddy sir and other respected experts for giving your valuable advice. Highly obliged.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register