LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     04 March 2012

What is meant by in camera proceeding?

When the act or the court says the proceedings are going to be in camera, what does that mean exactly? Thanks in advance..

Learning

10 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     04 March 2012

Sorry but I have to add more-

Who has right to  join camera proceeding-

Public prosecotor ?

Defence Lawyer?

Court officials as reader ?, Steno ? Or whoever  allowed by judge. ?

Please remove my confusion.

Nirmal Kumar Saha (Advocate)     04 March 2012

In Camera Proceeding usually only the presiding officer, parties, their respective Advocates and witnesses are allowed the closed door Court room to protect the interest of the litigants in specially rape cases, and matrimonial cases.

Nirmal 

Advocate

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     04 March 2012

Thanks @ nirmal .. So in camera has nothing to do with camera recording of proceedings, right?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 March 2012

I also agree with Nirmal

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     04 March 2012

Normal court proceedings are open and could be witnessed by anybody. In Camera proceedings The Judge, Advocates of the parties and only necessary court staff would participate.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

right, no recordings.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     05 March 2012

No recordings and no media also.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     05 March 2012

But practically what happens, I had been thru!

Judge speaks to advocates standing there -- Please make space here, "In camera proceedings" while smiling at them...........as if making a mockery of the warring couple.

Black coats jostle around & retreat; say 2-3 feet, at the most they return to sit on the chairs meant 4 them appoax 5 feet away.

Then sob story is heard by the remaining court staff around.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 March 2012

In camera is needed for discussion on very sensitive issues alone.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Gopan (Officer)     27 November 2013

Even if the family court allowed in camera trail on petitioner's application, Can the respondent ask the court to take evidence from doctors in open court who are members in medical board which conducted the respondent's potency test?

The doctors conducted the potency test of husband on court order on his application for the same, and they come to court only to give evidence regarding the potency of the husband and nothing to talk about petitioner or her issues.

So, In this situation, can husband ask for not allowing in camera for taking evidence from doctors?

Petitioner file application for in camera only after getting potency report in husband's favour ie. after 4 yrs. Before that petitioner used to raise hue and cry about respondent's impotency on all case days. So, at least, I want doctor's evidence in open court. Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register