LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirmal (Other)     15 December 2010

What after chargesheet?

In my case police filed chargesheet within 45 days of registering the FIR. The only thing the police did was that the IO arrested my brother. The enthusiasm shown by the police in registering the FIR was not reflected in investigating the case. I think to justify the arrest of my brother the IO submitted the chargesheet. There is not a single material evidence with the chargesheet. The chargesheet has many factual error like my age is 35 yrs, my wife is 40 yrs old, her maternal uncle is 25 yrs old, her father is 35 yrs old & her mother is 25 yrs old. In the statement of her maternal uncle our marriage date is mentioned 30-01-2010 instead of 30-01-2009. Are these serious errors. Whether is it worth going for quash in the high court considering the time & money involved in going for quash. Or trial in the lower court will be better.

Learning

14 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 December 2010

High court will not entertain such mistakes, if you have got other points to get quash the FIR, approach the high court, otherwise face the trial in the lower court.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 December 2010

Try in the lower court first as there are provisions to be dealt by the lower court if there are no credible evidence to proceeds with the case.

Suresh Babu Rai (Advocate)     15 December 2010

No these are not the proper gorunds to appraoch the High Court for the purpose of quash proceedings against the Case. Typical mistakes are not valid gorund to destroy the main purpose of the case. On furnishing the copies (FIR, Charge Sheet and concerned) to the accused Court examins him for pleading or not pleading the gulty of the offence and thereafter if acuused pleaded guilt of the offence he will be punished according to procedure established by law, otherwise trail proceedings will be issued to prove the innocence of the accused against the prosecution.

(Guest)

Nature and sections of offences not disclosed . No sufficient ground for quashing FIR disclosed. Ground mentioned relate to irregularities committed by Investigating officer and not of evence relating to offence. During trial before Magistrate or Session Judge as the case may be you have opportunities under section 245 Cr.P.C. or under section 228 Cr.P.C. for presenting your view before the court.It will be desirable to pursue first before the trial court. 

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     15 December 2010

As per your narration about the FIR ,it is not possible to get quash .But you can  consult with a Advocate,  Appropriate  decision can take after reading the FIR

Nirmal (Other)     15 December 2010

I am sorry. The case is under section 498a, 406, 506 & 34 IPC. Can the magistrate frame the charges without a single material evidence and solely on the basis of the complaint of my wife & the statement of the interested parties i.e. my in-laws. the IO never contacted us nor did he made any effort to investigate the case. He has reproduced the same allegation of the complaint of my wife in the chargesheet. won't it be mockery of justice?

Nirmal (Other)     17 December 2010

plz i need some suggestion.

(Guest)

Statements of in laws are also evidence and if circumstances corroborate and support  the narration by in laws magistrate may  may frame a charge if he considers their statement sufficien to frame charge and you are required to plead or face the trial.

Nirmal (Other)     25 December 2010

Thanks Dubey Sir. But i would like to know that will the magistrate treat the oral statement of my wife and her relatives as gospel of truth. Whether he will ask for some material evidence from my wife or from me before framing charges. She is staying at her parents house since 06-01-2010 but she have stated in the complaint that she was thrown out of my house on 05-05-2010. I can prove that I was not at home on the said date with material evidence. Whether photographs of her over a period of time (nearly 11 months after marriage) with her smiling face will be considered as proof regarding that she was happy with me, as she has mentioned in the complaint that she was abused after marriage. Whether the magistrate will take into consideration the evidences I have before framing charges.

Thanks.

(Guest)

Mr. Nirmal

Procedure to be adopted in your case is of warrant trial. Section 239 and 240 of Cr.P.C. are clear enough to satisfy your querry . Please read them. The Magistrate has to consider the material submitted by police , he may examine the accused , he may give prosecution and accused both an opportunity of being heard. and there after decide whether there is sufficient ground to frame charge. 

(Guest)

Mr. Nirmal

Procedure to be followed in your case is of warrant trial. Section 239 and 240 of Code of Criminal Procedure are clear enough to satisfy your querry . Please read them. The Magistrate will consider the material supplied by police. He may also provide an opportunity to prosecution and accused both of being heard.  there aftere if he considers the charge against the accused  to be groundless , he shall discharge the accused and record his reasons for doing so.

(Guest)

Mr. Nirmal

Procedure to be followed in your case is of warrant trial. Section 239 and 240 of Cr.P.C. are clear enough to satisfy your querry. Please read them. According to sec. 239 Magistrate has to consider the material supplied by police , he may also provide an opportunity to prosecution and accused both of being heard. There after he will decide whether he considers charge against the accused toi be groundless. he shall discharge the accused.

(Guest)

Sorry , It appears that by mistake the reply posted thrice due tecnichal error . As it was not detected as posted . These are the same and one reply.

Nirmal (Other)     28 December 2010

Thank You very much Dubey Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register